Over my Christmas break, I was able to go visit one of my best friends from college who is living in Turkey. There were actually 5 of us that ended up spending Christmas together there, and although it was very different from spending it at home, I was blessed to be with great friends. We were able to spend a good amount of time in Turkey, and then we flew to Spain and spent some time in Barcelona and Madrid. We spent New Years Eve in Madrid and then split ways - Julianna going back to Turkey - and the rest of us heading back to the States. It was a great trip and I wanted to share some of the pictures with you all!
But first, my top 5 favorite things from the trip:
1. Being able to see where Jules has been living and what she's been doing over there for so long!
2. Going to the Hamam (Turkish bath).
3. Seeing the Basilica Cisterns.
4. Celebrating New Year's Eve in Madrid and eating 12 grapes at midnight!
5. Spending Christmas day with good friends and a family that Jules has come to know as family since being in Turkey.
Now for some pictures...
Hagia Sophia (huge museum that used to be a Christian church and then Muslim mosk)
Blue Mosk (active mosk in Istanbul)
Basilica Cisterns (one of the most amazing things ever)
One of the bridges that crosses the Bosphorus Strait to connect the European side to the Asian side.
Turkish women selling flowers
Outside architecture at a bullfighting stadium in Madrid
The 4 of us on the field inside Real Madrid's soccer stadium